Sunday, December 15, 2013

Some Questions on My Mind

Sometimes I feel like writing, but I have a complete lack of inspiration.  I will admit, sometimes I look up writing prompts online just to get the creative juices flowing.  I stumbled upon some particularly awful prompts this evening, but among those terrible results was a wonderful prompt that said "Begin a list of questions that you would like to have answered", and believe me, I have many, so here goes nothing.


  1. Why is "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls such a perfect song? It is relatable and beautiful in every single way and I do not know why I can't get over it, so why is it so perfect?
  2. Why are people so unaware of gluten intolerance even though nearly seven percent of people have it?
  3. Why do female celebrities feel the need to show off their naked bodies in order to gain more attention? Where is the feminism?
  4. Why is it acceptable to say "I hate cats" but the minute I say "I hate dogs" I am the most heartless individual that has ever walked the planet?
  5. Why did I spend so many of my younger years thinking that I was going to eventually become famous for my singing or acting ability which is, to be perfectly honest, no more than slightly above average in the acting department and extremely below mediocre in the singing department.  
  6. Why do I have a brain built to be an English teacher yet the desire to be a Nutritionist for the FDA?
  7. What is the deal with country music and the fact that people either have an extreme affinity for it or an extreme hatred for it but nothing in between?... Better question: Why does anyone like country music?
  8. If every Christmas movie ever made discusses the issue of children not believing in Santa, how do no children think to themselves, "Why so much doubt? He must not be real."?
  9. Why are States not more unified in their laws regarding taxes, driving, marriage, etc?
  10. Why was I treated terribly for the final three months of my last relationship without realizing it? And how was I not strong enough before to realize it?
  11. If I am embarrassed of who I was just six months ago, what will I think of my present self six months from now?
  12. Can someone be a feminist and a Catholic?
  13. Why do smart comedies like "Arrested Development" that use intelligently crafted puns and snarky remarks towards societal structure get taken off the air but idiotic shows such as "The Big Bang Theory" that rely on character bashing receive the best ratings year after year?
  14. Why are comfortable clothes not more socially acceptable? Why can't I just always wear leggings to work?
  15. At what age is it no longer acceptable to drink all liquids exclusively out of bendy straws?
  16. How do people go and get tattoos and not be extremely fearful? There is no eraser, so what if the artist makes a mistake?
  17. Why do I spend late nights blogging instead of sleeping?

No comments:

Post a Comment